This one came in from Coot @BuzzBombBicycles with some mismatched wheels and lots of patina, but also lotsa cool. I’ve seen similar lugs on Olmos of the era, and the head badge looks remarkably similar to early Pinarello. It has a stud brazed under the brake bridge for a fender, so Velo Orange stainless seemed appropriate. Universal Mod 61 Brakes could only reach so far, so new wheels were built using modern Sun 27” CR18s laced to vintage lo flange Campagnolo Record hubs. Drivetrain is Campagnolo Gran Sport with the original Magistroni crank, bottom bracket and headset and a modern IRD freewheel. Stem is Ambrosio with a rare vertical bolt and the bar is modern 44c short n shallow. New Deda tape and Panaracer Pasela Tires. $500
This one is my holy grail and one that will probably evolve a bit over time. Probably from 1981 and probably made with Reynolds 531 tubes. I traded a 1995 Enduro version of the same bike for this frame and fork. It was originally dark blue and had this repaint in the late 80s/early 90’s era. Most parts are from the 79-83 era. Campagnolo BMX cranks, hubs and headset. Bullseye Rollerbracket. Ukai rims. Cinelli saddle. Nitto stem. Mongoose Pro Class bars.
The B-Side is our hardtail frame for 27.5"/650b wheels. This 4th generation B-Side is more versatile than ever. Snazzy Tange/IRD Sliding Dropouts allow you to go single-speed or geared. A modified chainstay allows fiting even some double cranks with "plus size" 2.8" wide tires without needing to invest in Boost parts. We even offer a belt-drive ready version.
- Tange Prestige heat-treated butted CrMo steel; butted CrMo rear end
- Disc brakes only (no canti studs)
- Standard or belt-drive versions available
- Tange/IRD Sliding Dropouts allows geared and single-speed builds with easy wheel removal
- S-bend seatstays and chainstays
- Low sloping top tube/short seat tube
- Geometry is optimized for 100mm travel 27.5" forks and will handle 120mm forks great too
- CNC-machined 44mm headtube: Will take 1-1/8" steerers with a ZeroStack 44 headset or tapered steerers with a ZS44 upper assembly and external cup (EC44) lower assembly
- 27.2mm post size/28.6mm frt. der. size/29.8mm(or 30.0) seat collar, 73mm bottom bracket (English threads); 400mm+ post recommended
- Recommended tire size: 27.5 x 1.95 - 2.8”
ULTRA-ENDURANCE MIXED SURFACE / TOUR DIVIDE-INSPIRED / BIKEPACKING
In our family of drop bar mountain bikes, Cutthroat is the one that was born to run. Cutthroat brings speed to the mixed surface, ultra-endurance bikepacking race scene. Every feature was evaluated and designed to obliterate long-distance cycling route and event records. An evolutionary leap forward from the Fargo, Cutthroat is all about speed and comfort; full carbon, Class 5 Vibration Reduction System, and racing-inspired geometry make for a quick bike that won’t leave you pummeled as you ride alongside a rising moon.
BIKEPACKING / OFF-ROAD TOURING / SINGLETRACK
Fargo is our original drop bar mountain bike. A bit of a cult classic, it’s designed for mixed surface riders and bikepackers that like variety in their routes and the capability to carry everything needed when out for days on end. The comfort and real estate of Woodchipper bars provide the perfect perch for mixed-surface riding, and whether your Fargo is built with Ti or steel, you end up with a great ride that’s always able to fulfill the most imaginative endeavor. Alternator V. 1.5 dropouts allow a singlespeed drivetrain or belt drive compatibility, and clearance for 27.5+, 29″, or 29+ wheels let you build a bike that’s just right for you and your styles of riding. How deep into the wild unknown you travel is up to you. Fargo. Go Far.